wl0.1 Breaks wl1 on WRT610N
|Reported by:||reb00tz||Owned by:||somebody|
Description (last modified by reb00tz)
When virtual interface is created for wl0, MAC address for wl0.1 is actually the "base" address of wl1, which then "breaks" wl1 until wl0.1 is removed.
- do factory reset WRT610N (f/w: 08/23/09 std-nokaid-usb 12714M Eko)
- set up wl0 and wl1 (default bridged)
- client can connect to wl1
- telnet or SSH for console
- ifconfig shows wl0 and wl1 MACs (e.g. eth0=00:22:6B:7B:B2:A8 and eth1=00:22:6B:7B:B2:A9)
- create wl0.1 (default bridged)
- ifconfig shows wl0.1 MAC same as eth1 (e.g. eth1=wl0.1=00:22:6B:7B:B2:A9)
- client no longer connects to wl1
As an "extra", creating wl1.1 (i.e. virtual interface on 2nd radio) shows NO MAC address (i.e. "HWaddr 00:00:00:00:00:00") and no clients can connect to it either.